You're active and driven, and you also know that maximizing your health is the secret to living the lifestyle you desire. Maybe you're burnt out, stressed, ill, and don't know just where to begin. Or perhaps you're dialed into your health, but keeping your well-being feels just like a part-time occupation. In Any Event, Optimal Nutrition Simplified will be to you. Join Connor as he interviews nourishment PhDs, MDs, neuroscientists, fitness trainers, pro athletes, business execs, and experts in lifestyle style. We talk ketosis, interval training, intermittent fasting, meditation, nootropics, sleep hacking, supplementation, and productivity hacks, and a heck of a lot more. So stay tuned if you would like the tools, systems, and heuristics needed to easily optimize your well-being.
Popular wisdom suggests you can't gain muscle while on keto, and you can't workout for strength on a low-carb diet. Luis Villasenor and Tyler Cartwright have been proving those folks wrong for the previous 10 decades, having sustainably trained tens of thousands of clients through the Ketogains protocol.
In part one of this event of the Maximum Nutrition Simplified podcast, Connor Young chats with Luis & Tyler around:
- The science of the protein leverage theory, or why we get hungry,
- Why we've been fearful of protein using a ketogenic diet, and how much we really need,
- The best way to obtain the happy medium of training for strength and performance,
- When and when not to quickly,
- The importance of complete foods on keto.