The Way To Kill Hunger and Gain Muscle on Keto
You're busy and driven, and you understand that optimizing your health is really the trick to living the lifestyle you want. Perhaps you're burnt out, stressed, ill, and don't know where to start. Or perhaps you're already dialed into your wellbeing, but keeping your well-being feels just like a part-time job. Either way, Optimal Nutrition Simplified will be to you. Join Connor because he interviews nourishment PhDs, MDs, neuroscientists, fitness trainers, pro athletes, business execs, and specialists in lifestyle design. We talk ketosis, interval training, intermittent fasting, meditation, nootropics, sleep hacking, supplementation, productivity hacks, plus a hell of a lot more. So stay tuned if you would like the tools, systems, and heuristics needed to easily maximize your well-being.
Popular wisdom suggests you can't gain muscle while on keto, and you can not workout for power on a low carb diet. Luis Villasenor and Tyler Cartwright happen to be proving those people wrong for the last ten decades, using sustainably trained thousands of clients throughout the Ketogains protocol.
In part one of the event of the Maximum Nutrition Simplified podcast, Connor Young talks with Luis & Tyler around:
- The science of this protein leverage hypothesis, or why we get hungry,
- Why we have been fearful of protein using a ketogenic diet, and how much we actually desire,
- The best way to obtain the happy medium of training for longevity and functionality,
- When and when not to quickly,
- The importance of complete meals on keto.
Luis Villasenor and Tyler Cartwright have perhaps more expertise than anyone coaching athletes for stamina, muscle, and performance utilizing a ketogenic way of life. Through Ketogains, they've worked with tens of thousands of customers over the last ten years.
The second half of this interview explores optimal pre-workout nourishment, the common errors people make to a keto diet, and also why you should chase results, not ketones:
- How to include sugar, MCTs, and protein around your workout to maximize your results.
- How not to screw up a strength-based training regime on keto
- How to take into account overall caloric intake for performance and weight loss
The article Podcast: Luis & Tyler about the Best Nutrition Simplified Podcast by Connor Young appeared on Ketogains.